Monday, September 29, 2008

Happy Rosh Hashanah!

It's interesting to wish every one a "happy" Rosh Hashanah when in reality, it begins the ten days of introspection - people would think about how they have lived their lives over the past year; asking for forgiveness, giving forgiveness, and pledging to do better this year. It culminates with the Day of Atonement.

But it is also a time for remembering that the Lord is good always; that He is the King and righteous Judge. So along with the repentance, there is the confidence that the Lord is merciful and good!

I am going to observe this High Holy Day by fasting, reflecting on the past year, and choosing to let God mold my character more into His likeness. What better way to show Him how much I love Him? More of Him, less of me, always.

With the world raging right now, we need to be as close to the Lord as we can possibly be. His whispers of peace and reassurance are all I need. His economy is what I am interested in.

Dear readers, I love you all and pray that this new year will be one of blessings and tremendous growth in the ways of our Lord - for you and all of your families. Shana Tova!!! (Good Year!!!)

No comments: