Monday, September 1, 2008

Being surrounded by that Great Cloud of Witnesses....

Hebrews 12 talks about the great cloud of witnesses that surround us; witnesses with names like Moses, Abraham, David, etc. We are encouraged to lay aside the sin that so easily entangles us; to look to Jesus - the author and finisher of our faith.

In my gut there is a longing to do something that has never been done before. Not a prideful longing, just a burning desire to see GOD move in a completely different way through me. On a recent morning, I woke myself up asking the Lord to consider me. Nothing more or less, just to consider me. What was that all about? Other than sensing feelings of utter terror, I haven't a clue. Ever since however, the desire for the Lord to do something different through me has increased.

When I think about the Halls of Faith and the people who are mentioned within them, I am sure it began with the Lord considering them. This may sound arrogant to some reading this, but when the scriptures say that we will do "greater things than these", I believe it. I long for it.

So, I am going to fast and pray. I am gonna watch for the Lord. I will do something that has never been done before....

No comments: