
This morning I was awakened by an email from my brother, Mike, regarding the tropical storm (at present)Kay. He gave lots of good advice and instructions on preparing the house.
I must confess that after going over our family "hurricane survival plan" last night with Steve I was feeling somewhat anxious. So I did what any normal warm blooded person would do; I called my mother!! HAHA It was good to hear her quiet reassurances. I confessed my concern over being stuck here as my car is no longer running, my lack of emergency supplies, etc, etc. Once I had that all out of my system, not only did I feel better, but I realized (ok for the 100th time!) that the Lord didn't bring us down here to abandon us and let us die pitifully in a hurricane! We are called, blessed and highly favored! AND I have a terrific walk in closet that we can bunk down in quite comfortably if need be! Yep, the boy, the 2 dogs and myself. Steve is insisting that his XBox 360 comes too. We'll see about that.
Anyway, all the details will be taken care of by my Lord. I am reminded of a dream I had about a horrible storm that I was in the middle of. I was on an assignment for Him when I got caught outside in a horrible storm. I was in it, didn't have time for shelter as the storm came upon me, so I huddled up to a white pillar and looked up into the middle of a cyclone and realized that even though the storm was raging all around me, there was perfect peace right there next to the pillar. The pillar represented the Lord, and you better believe that He and I are tight! So, we will ride this one out in the presence of our Lord, in a walk in closet!!!
Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment