Friday, August 8, 2008

And yet another confirmation......


There we were, the new congregation at Baylife Riverview. Everything was set up, the crew was fed and happy; we settled into our seats and awaited the Pastor's message via video. He came on and brought us to these scriptures:

"I thank God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Phil 1:3-6

Pastor Mark was exhorting all of us, and wanted us to know that he had been praying for us for several years; from the moment the Lord laid it upon his heart to start Baylife Riverview. "You are the answer to my prayers" he specifically said to us that morning.

What Pastor Mark didn't know was that in March, a girl in Grove City, Ohio was crying her eyes out every time she came to her church. Nothing could stop the tears, and the response she got from the Lord was that she was grieving, that she needed to do it then, because there wouldn't be time to do it when she got to where He was taking her.

During a Wednesday night service this past March, the presence of the Lord was heavy, and someone had a word for us; he said, "the harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into His harvest field" When I heard that word, I began to sob uncontrollably because in that moment the Lord spoke to my heart, "Michelle, you are the answer to someone's prayer." I realized in that moment that this was much bigger than my just moving to just live in someone's house for 3 years.

To hear those words from my new pastor blew me away. Those words have given me the strength to face each new challenge. I am here; I have purpose; and I am a worker in the great harvest field of our Lord!

No comments: