Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hmmmm.........


As I was coming home from running an errand this morning, something went through my mind that has taken me aback somewhat. I have been really concerned about my employment situation, not really understanding why I haven't found a job yet. In my heart deep down, I know that the Lord is in control, and He can speak one word and my job will be provided.

But I still wrestle with it, especially when a bill is due, or when my cell phone got cut off cause I had to fix my truck instead. It's an every day, almost moment by moment thing to keep my focus where it needs to be.

Anyway, the thought went through my mind that my not working is actually a blessing from my Lord. He told me this morning that I needed to thank and praise Him for allowing me to be home...for Steve in his final year at home. I was speechless when I realized what the Lord was showing me. In this season, however long it is, I will thank my King for giving me this. For the first time in a long time, I have a real peace. A job is out there, just waiting for me....the Lord is holding my place, and in the proper time it will be. So, I am gonna enjoy being a "mom"; and will enjoy the time with my Lord in this, the Harbor of HIS choosing.

No comments: