Tuesday, October 28, 2008

OK...here's an update!

Life in Florida is going great! Steve and I are doing really well. He is settled into his school routine and has been thinking about colleges. I am still looking for a job. Have had several interviews. Sometimes I get a bit discouraged that I haven't found work yet, but I always go back to the word. Our Lord is faithful.

Here's a story about His faithfulness: My truck broke down again a couple of weeks ago and I had called my friend, Jill, who leads the life group I am in to tell her that I wouldn't be there that evening. She said that the group would pray for me and she'd see me on Sunday.

That evening, another one of my friend's husband called me to find out what was going on and to encourage me that they were going to take care of it, no matter what it was and I was to take the truck to a mechanic friend of his the next morning. I got the truck there and then went to hang out with Jill until they called to give me the prognosis. The news about the truck wasn't good, I had a blown head gasket, and even with the discounted labor, it was gonna cost $1,400.00 to fix. That is more than what I get per month from unemployment! Needless to say, I was overwhelmed and broken over the news. Then, I get a call from Kevin's wife, Joy...she was crying about the news and because most of Kevin's tools had just been stolen and they were not going to be able to shoulder all the repair costs like they wanted to because they needed to replace the tools.

It was like all hell broke loose in all of those who were wanting to help me to get my truck running. We all got together and prayed and committed to the Lord and each other that we would do what it took, and we wouldn't be distracted. I wanted to badly to work this out on my own, but each time I would try, the Lord would correct me and tell me to be still. After a week and a half, the Lord provided every penny of the $1,400.00 needed! Some gave $20, several gave several hundred, and one gentleman gave over $700. I didn't have to ask for it, my church family pulled together and took care of the need! Just like the body is supposed to do. That is a great dynamic of my church. They all gave sacrifically. They pull together and are the church to one another. Each day, I had to die out to my self and trust that the Lord was gonna work this out! Now, those blessings are coming back - Kevin's tools were recovered by the police, Jill was provided an extra income by working for the church part time from her home-so she doesn't have to be away from her 3 year old son, and on and on....it never stops!

The Lord continues to put me in situations where I have to trust Him completely. Makes me wonder what's ahead....I know this, I love the Lord and He loves me completely and will continue to provide for me in all ways.

Please continue to pray for us, got several things I am asking the Lord about and need to hear clearly His will and way. There's no time for anything else! I love you all and miss you. Today was like a typical early fall day in Ohio and made me a bit homesick. Thanks for reading this blog faithfully and for praying for us! P.S. I am not sure Jeri Bryan reads this, so whomever reads this, would you give her a big hug for me whenever you see her? Boy I miss her! Thanks! Love, Michelle

1 comment:

The4Scotts said...

Michelle
Gosh I miss you :) Tomorrow is our first sunday back at GCCN, we just arrived back in Ohio for good last night. We are very excited, but i'm still saddened at the fact that you won't be there :(
God has been so faithful to us, I will have to share the story with you soon. It is good to hear of His faithfulness in your life!
Thank you for sowing those seeds of "being still" in my life, you are such a blessing to me!
Love you!