Friday, October 10, 2008

Girlfriends.......

Today I was reflecting on how the Lord has been good to bring some really great people into my life!

I am a part of a life group that meets once a week to study the bible and fellowship. Pastor Chris is really big on making sure we are plugged in so we can all "do life together". Anyway, it turns out that all the gals in my group love to go junking (or antiquing)!!! Is that not a gift from the Lord to me???? I mean, that's my therapy! Looking at JUNK!!!! So tomorrow morning we are all going junking! The cool thing is that you don't have to buy anything and still it's a blast.

Then on Sunday we are throwing a baby shower for a girl who has no family here and very little friends. She's a pre-believer :) We are gonna shower her with the love of Jesus...can't wait! On Thursday night we are gonna go to a bar (I know!), not to drink, but to learn how to line dance!!! Please, compose yourself after having a visually induced bout of deep belly laughter! Did I mention I HATE country music? But hey, if I can do this in my flip flops, and my new chinese friend Rhonda can do it, so can I!!! It is sure to be a...well...a HOOT!

1 comment:

The4Scotts said...

I'm told...because i haven't read it yet...that if you LOVE "The Shack" then the next great read is "True Faced" by Bill Thrall, Bruce McNichol and John Lynch. They are pastors here in AZ...I've heard it was a book that inspired the Shack...and they are now working on a "follow up" book...
i'm starting it when we arrive back in Ohio...but it has a workbook and DVD too...worth checking out i guess!
Glad you are well...enjoy the dancing! :)