Thursday, October 30, 2008

Faith like a little child.......

Faith like a little child releases creativity
by Janice VanCronkhite

God is so creative and He loves to create fresh daily. His desire is for us to create with Him and by doing this, He imparts the gifts of His spirit which enable us to thrive. In Matthew 18:3, Jesus answers the question of the disciples, "who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" Jesus responded, "I tell you the truth,unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." All children are artists and by the age of five, 90 percent of the population is operating in high creativity. They have great imaginations, no thoughts of inferiority or concerns of comparing themselves to others. They speak, write and draw what they want with no reservations. Unfortunately, by the age of seven, this has diminished to a mere 10 percent! Only about two percent of the adult population operates in high creativity.

The destruction of our creativity may be caused by criticism, negative thoughts caused by comparisons to others, and simply believing the lie that says, "I'd like to paint, dance, write.....but I can't do it." We forget that we are more than we know...that with Him all things are possible. We MUST become like a little child again...free to go for it regardless of the end result. Often, when I paint during worship conferences, all I have are my paints and a blank canvas. I am dependent on God to show me something, anything that expresses His heart for that moment of time. If only God is pleased then the experience was a success. But if one or more people are encouraged or activated in some way then it's icing on the cake. Often, at least one or more will let me know that they had the same vision or dream of what I just painted. Like the living word, the paintings become a living message. Art is a universal language and though words may be forgotten, a picture will forever capture the mind. We must unlearn alot of what the world has taught us to raise our level of creativity again. Creativity opens us to revelation and when that is lowered to two percent, we lose our ability to walk on water like Peter and to see angels.

For years I asked God to give me a passion for something that would not only please Him but be relevant in advancing His kingdom. My husband, David, and I had founded Blood n Fire, a ministry focused on rebuilding broken lives of the poor. Though this was God's heart, I knew there was something more the Lord had for me. I had no clue that it would be prophetic art until He did a "suddenly." I was flooded with dreams, visions, colors, and messages to portray on canvas which seemed incomplete unless they displayed a vortex or portal into the heavenlies . Revelation poured in that these paintings would bring healing, life, deliverance, and encouragement to those who gazed upon them. I began painting in my new studio, formerly the garage, which overlooks a beautiful lake. Artists normally like to do their thing alone with no spectators but He proceeded to extract me from a self imposed comfort zone to paint in our Creative Combustion gatherings. It proved to be a wonderful new experience to paint in the midst of fierce raging worship.

Early one morning while visiting in Florida, I was dancing and worshiping barefoot like a child along the shore. Suddenly , out of the depths an apple rolled to my feet and He said that I was the apple of His eye! I guess He knew that was exactly what I needed to hear. I grabbed the prize and took it to my first experience painting at a conference other than our own church. He continually uses Apple Of His Eye to encourage me as well as others with His unconditional love for us. By the way.....I still have that apple in my freezer with a note that reads Janice's supernatural apple...DO NOT EAT!!!!

The same freedom that we experience in dreams can take place during a creative act. We are not bound by time or space and this freedom can occur only, like in a dream, when we don't attempt to control or dictate it. When creating in this childlike state we operate out of the box and the possibilities are limitless. Colors are brighter, sounds are more clear, and somehow we feel His very presence all the more.


Michelle's notes: this is what will empower me to paint...I'm stepping into the faith of a little child....go Holy Spirit!

No comments: