Monday, July 6, 2009

Ten Things I Wish I Could Say to Ten Different People.

10. I wish I could have told you how beautiful you are, and that you are created in the very likeness of the Lord. I tried to tell you, but your pride and unbelief shut me down. But I haven't given up, I am praying for more opportunities either for me, or someone else. I know you don't understand me, and maybe even dislike me, and that's ok...it was never about me.

9. I wish I could tell you once more how much I loved you. I know I got to before you died, but I would give anything for one more conversation with you. I so look forward to being reconciled in heaven, dad.

8. I am sorry I put you on a pedestal, it was so unfair for me; our friendship suffered so much because of it. I still love you and am thankful for all the fun times.

7. I would give anything to be able to tell you that there is more to life than the things you hide behind. I love you but cannot play your game. I tried, even tried to open you up a little bit. I know that there is SO much waiting for you, and will be praying that you allow the Lord into those secret crevices of your heart. We were never meant to carry such wounds...

6. I wish I could tell you everything that you will need to know once you face the world, sometimes I even panic alittle, wondering if I have prepared you enough for what lies ahead in your future. But the truth is, you are the Lord's and He's got you. He even gave me a dream of encouragement, you were swimming in the sea, completely free and unafraid! The sea represents the Spirit, and you are ready! I love you.

5. You know, I see through the bravado you put off...the airs of false wisdom, but you know what? I LOVE you, and am praying for true wisdom to be bourne in you, wisdom that only comes from the fire of testing. Painful, yes at times, but so necessary in order to be who we are called to be! Don't just talk it my friend, be DEVOTED to it; fight for it, and most importantly, BE it!

4. Please forgive me for my selfishness. My comfort was way more important than your life, and I am so sorry. I know you are way better off, but I stole everything from you. I will see you someday, I can't wait!

3. I have learned so much from you. I didn't understand this heartbeat inside of me until I got to know you and your life's calling. It has stirred me up, challenged me, and stretched me so much that I thought I would die! But I am grateful! I can't tell you this right now, but maybe someday.

2. How you treat me hurts. But I choose to love anyway because it's not about my feelings, and I won't be driven by them.

1. I will.

Nine things about myself:
I laugh. A lot.
I have a picture in my head that I want to paint and have NO idea how
Love Publix's Chicken Tortilla Soup
I wish I could sing
Seafood and a great book makes for a great evening
I am writing a book
I kinda like my Land Rover
Journey...nuff said!
I want to live in Alaska

Eight ways to win my heart:
Love justice & mercy
Be a genuine worshipper
Kindness
Manners, the good ones
Love your momma and your sisters
R-E-S-P-E-C-T
Just the right kiss....
Most importantly: Love God more than anything and anyone, including me.

Seven things that cross my mind a lot:
How am I doing, Lord?
Where will I be in several years?
Do we have everything ready for Steve?
Lyrics to my favorite worship songs
Memories
Various scriptures
"...oh I wanna get back to my city by the baaayyy, whoa oh ohhh"

Six things I do before I fall asleep:
Pray
Let sophie (my dog) get on the bed and under the covers for the night
Scan channels
Think about what I need to do the following day
Rub the tops of my feet on the sheets...feels great!
Relax

Five people who mean a lot:
Uhhmmm, not doing this one, you all know who you are!

Four things you're wearing right now:
Tshirt
shorts
perfume
hair tie

Two things you want to do before you die:
Raise the dead
See my son married and a father - something he wants very badly!

One confession:
My heart's desire terrifies me.

No comments: