Tuesday, June 23, 2009

אני אהוב שלי ואהוב שלי שלי

So, I took this "what era fits your personality" type of quiz thing on Facebook and this was the result: 1940's Era Kind of Gal.

"You are the ultimate romantic at heart. You put a high priority on true love, patriotism, and dedication to honor and duty. Whether it be serving your country or serving your family, you have a very hard work-ethic balanced out by your whimsical, dreamy heart. You are willing to take risks, go where no one has gone before, and you have a sense of pride in everything you do. Just as you are in touch with your inner beauty, you also give just the right amount of focus on your outer beauty-- standing out with the latest fashions and getting in touch with your sensual side. Your sexiness is not scandalous but rather classy and poised. You are the envy of those around you because no matter how much tough work you have to do, you keep a smile and look good while doing it.."

It is interesting because it somewhat describes me...don't know about the sensual, sexy thing, or wearing the latest fashions...unless they mean the latest in flipflops??? Anyway, it made me think about why I love that era so much. I mean, all the best movies were made in the 40's, and it was a historical treasure chest...I mean this is when the greatest generation proved themselves to the world, their families and to each other! This portrays the patriotic, serving your country and family and hard work ethic side of me.

Then there is the side of me that used to weep and ask the Lord why couldn't I have lived in that generation; a generation that took things seriously, like dedication to one's family, to each other; who looked out for their fellow man? Or where a man fell in love with a woman, and through thick and thin, stayed true to her and honored her? Where men fell in love, and when the passion wore off, chose to love anyway because they knew that love wasn't just a feeling, but a commitment he made before God and his best gal? While this generation went through hard times, they made it seem easy. Maybe this is the dreamy, whimsical side of me...having never experienced what I described above. Funny, after 42 years, this girlish desire that is still within my heart.

I am dreaming of simpler times I guess, knowing full well that I am here now in this place at the appointed time. The longing in my heart is submitted to the Lord, for Him to do with whatever He chooses, if anything. Just as I wrote in the title of this post (in Hebrew), I am to my Beloved as my Beloved is to me.

No comments: