Saturday, June 12, 2010

Dreams.....

This morning I woke up with a song on my heart. Well, actually, what happened was it came to me in a dream:

I was with a group of people - some friends, some family members. And in this dream it was very evident that I had been excluded from something. So I wandered around the situation, quite hurt and rejected.

My son came in, and with him some friends. They began to pray, not for me...just a gathering to pray and worship the Lord. In my brokeness, I laid down on the floor on my face and cried out to God because what I was carrying was too heavy a burden for me, and I needed Him.

As I felt the presence of the Lord, someone laid their hands on the bottoms of my feet and began to pray for me. As they did this, the song, "Lead me to the Cross" came to mind. Then I woke up.

What I feel like the Lord is showing me through this (and I am leaving this to the Lord to bring further revelation still), is that I am not rejected. Man (friends, loved ones, etc.) will reject me, some intentionally, some not; it's gonna happen. BUT through the Cross...the one where Jesus gave up His life, for me and you, I am completely accepted, loved and redeemed. It was a completed work what He did on that Cross.

Interestingly, as I type this, the Lord showed me that in my dream, as I "wandered around the situation," this was when I mull it over and over in my mind, trying to figure out why this person or that person did what they did or said what they did. As I do that, I am open wide for those hurt feelings and rejection to turn into anger, bitterness, unforgiveness, malice, etc., etc.....all those feelings that are in direct opposition to how God calls us walk and hinders us from loving with His heart. Wow.

I am thankful the Lord rules and reigns over my dreams. That even when I get too busy to stop and listen, in His mercy He instructs and rebukes me in my dreams. He really loves me. So today, I remove from my mind the tape of rejections call, and instead go to the Cross, where I lay myself down, rid me of myself, knowing that I belong to Him.

Lead me to the Cross (Hillsong United)

Savior I come
Quiet my soul
Remember
Redemptions hill
Where Your blood was spilled
For my ransom
Everything I once held dear
I count it all as lost

Lead me to the cross
Where Your love poured out
Bring me to my knees
Lord I lay me down
Rid me of myself
I belong to You
Lead me, lead me to the cross

You were as I
Tempted and tried
You are
The word became flesh
Bore my sin and death
Now you're risen

To your heart
To your heart
Lead me to your heart
Lead me to your heart

No comments: