I am in a new positon of leadership that has opened the door to teaching others about prayer, hearing God and the prophetic. These all go hand in hand, actually. I am walking in a new level of favor, and the more the Lord pours out on me the more I realize that I am NOTHING without Him. I know I have a short time here to do what He's called me to do, and to learn what He's called me to learn.
On New Year's Eve, as the old year was coming to a close, the Lord told me that He had given me a year off. Once I realized what He was saying, I began to cry and thank Him for His mercy on me for giving me that rest before the days ahead. The seriousness of this new season wasn't lost on me.
I am also working now for an international bank doing research and project management for the mortgage/special loans division. It will take about a year to be fully trained, and believe me, the last week was intense on the training! I have met a lot of diverse people on my team. I asked one guy what brought him to Florida and he told me that he was working at a travel agency in New York City, underneath the World Trade Center and after 9/11 he lost his job. He actually called in sick that day, a move that saved his life. He is still shook up about it, too. He was on his balcony across the river and saw the towers fall. Nice guy...
We also have an addition to our family. One of our new worship guys needed a home, so he moved in this week. He's a Hillsong school of worship grad, and a neat kid. It's awesome to hear him and Steve "jamming" together. I think Pastor Chris knew that Josh would be a good influence on Steve and that is why he steered him our way. Chris has great discernment that way!
Angie came to visit, and we had a great time. She got to meet everyone here and we had some great times with the Lord. It was good to see her and to see Bill as well. Steve was gone for Christmas and New Years, but I did spend Christmas with my friend Jill and her extended family. I got to see an alligator and a 2 foot wide soft shell turtle! I actually hand fed the turtle...this freaked me out a little bit! Here's a picture of one:
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiYVUFaeE8y7kweWp-eSJexMGamvrorjO-LgrPTmgDBw8abhT5L9_dGh6peF9d3G8PTfJv99h122fIANvWU-ze9vbn9gVpALq5YDrQO-g5bh9YcNCtbJ_h3k2uvZZYjcP1-VynTFXPyHaQ/s1600-h/Lady+the+turtle.jpg">

They can either be very tame or very aggressive in the wild. They have named her lady and whenever you go out into the back yard, she comes out of the water onto the bank to be fed! Her neck was about a foot long when it was stretched out! Especially when I held out some bread to her....have I mentioned that I love it here???
No comments:
Post a Comment