Friday, November 14, 2008

You

Are You there?
Do You hear?
Can You feel what's going on inside?

Unanswered questions rage inside
Trying to defy an illogical foundation of faith
Doubt tiptoes around what I thought was a fortress
Checking for cracks

While shaken by winds of uncertainty
From my hands come the one thing
The only thing that can hold everything together
To bring peace in the middle of this place
A place of Your choosing
Caulking to bind up the weak places
A sword

The truth remains
While the tempter illuminates the weaknesses
The light radiates places in need of healing
While I am shaken, I am pruned

This place is best
This is where I become more like You

In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, whom having not seen, you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, receiving the end of your faith---the salvation of your soul. 1 Peter 1:6-9

No comments: