Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Freedom


Several years ago, I had a vision of myself in a prison cell. I paced around in that confining room, despair nipping at my heels with every step.


Suddenly, I felt drawn to the door of the prison cell. I walked over to it; the dread and fear threatening to stop me in my tracks. Nevertheless I was compelled to that door. Mustering all the courage I could, I stepped up to the door and in amazement, saw that the door was unlocked. My whole life, I had been confined to this prison cell, when all along the door was unlocked and I could leave!


Again, that gentle nudging persisted as I opened the door and looked out at my freedom. Step by step, I made my way out the door, down some steps and onto the street. As I stepped unto the sidewalk, I saw Travis standing in the street. He was jumping up and down, waving his arms at me, encouraging me to keep going, to keep moving towards the freedom that was mine.


The Lord revealed that my freedom was there if I wanted it. It took great courage to see things as they really were, to leave the comfort of the familiar, in order to receive my freedom. I am so glad I did!


The Lord holds the keys, not the enemy! Jesus paid dearly for the rights to those keys. What have you been afraid to see? To experience? Throw off the comfort of the prison house and take up what the Lord has for you......freedom.

No comments: